Career Services Policies and Procedures
How We Can Help You
The HFCC Career Services Office provides job search assistance to:
- Current Students (enrolled for at least three credit hours for the current or subsequent semester)
- Recent Graduates (graduation date on transcript within the past year)
- Alumni (graduation date on transcript of more than one year)
- Certificate of Achievement Recipients (Basic, Complex, and Advanced)
PLEASE NOTE: Currently, HFCC's Career Services Office is not providing job search assistance to former students who do not fit into the above criteria. We strongly encourage former students to continue with their education to enable them to acquire the necessary education and training which will give them the opportunity them to become employable in the career field of their choice.
Our goal is to assist and prepare students and recent graduates in all aspects of the job search process. Our services include:
- Assistance with employment applications and cover letters. See samples on Job Search Documents page for assistance
- Creating a professional resume--keep to one page, See samples on Job Search Documents page for assistance on style and format.
- Preparation for job interview.
- Increasing awareness of professional job search techniques and tools including sources of employer information, literature, lists, directories, etc
- The Career Services Officer, at his or her discretion, sending your resume to potential employers.
- Provide employment opportunities through campus job postings and HFCC's job search software platform (HFCC Job Leads).
Career Services Office Hours:
The Career Services Office is open for the fall and winter semesters Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Also on Tuesdays, the office hours will be extended to 6:30 p.m. The computer lab is open from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. If you would like to schedule an appointment you may call (313) 845-9618.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Applicants applying to positions/jobs that are related to HFCC programs or majors are expected to be enrolled in that program and/or have related work experience.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY if a job for which you have been given referral information is:
- No longer available.
- Different from the information provided to you; i.e., in job duties, responsibilities, or wages.
Additional job leads are available in the Career Services Office for the following categories:
- Jobs requiring a bachelor's or higher degree
- Domestic situations (babysitting, care of the sick/elderly)
- Summer employment (out-of-state, camps, recreation centers)
- Positions with personnel agencies
- Jobs located outside our service area
- Jobs with federal, state, county, or city governments
- Volunteer positions
You may use this resource during regular business hours, as stated above. We may ask to see your Michigan driver's license or other photo I.D.
While the responsibility for finding employment is up to each individual, the HFCC Career Services Office cannot guarantee employment.
We wish you success in your search for employment!