"Inside U.S. Foreign Policy" Virtual Summer Series highlighting their Careers
Do you want to know about the behind-the-scenes work that goes into building international relationships and tackling global issues? Want to hear what it’s like to work as a diplomat straight from the source? Join the U.S. Department of State for the new FREE virtual seminar series "Inside U.S. Foreign Policy"! You can learn about U.S. foreign policy and the State Department's work in different world regions. This is an opportunity you don't want to miss!
Through six seminars, each focused on a specific world region, participants will learn directly from civil and foreign service officers about:
- the State Department’s foreign policy goals for that region,
- how offices in Washington., D.C. and U.S. embassies and consulates overseas work to further these goals, and
- how this work impacts Americans.
Each seminar will also include a panel of Gilman alumni working in the region, who will discuss their careers, and a breakout networking session. The seminars will last three hours each and be followed by an optional 30-minute informational session on a variety of careers within the U.S. State Department.
Schedule of Events:
Upcoming Seminars: Summer and Fall 2021 - register for each session individually using the link below
- June 9, 10:00am-1:30pm EST: U.S. Foreign Policy in South and Central Asia
- July 14: U.S. Foreign Policy in North Africa and the Middle East
- July 29: U.S. Foreign Policy in Sub-Saharan Africa
- August 20: U.S. Foreign Policy in the Western Hemisphere
- September 15: U.S. Foreign Policy in East Asia and the Pacific
- October 14: U.S. Foreign Policy in Europe and Eurasia
Learn more and register here: www.gilmanscholarship.org/insideusforeignpolicy