Cooperative Education for Employers
Cooperative Education (co-op) is a program which provides the opportunity for employers to hire qualified students pursuing a college degree. Co-op students are available year-round.
Benefits of co-op for employers include the following:
- Increases cost-effectiveness of recruitment and training
- Results in a higher average retention rate among permanent employees recruited and hired through a co-op program
- Provides an opportunity to evaluate employees prior to a decision regarding full-time employment
- Allows flexibility in staffing needs
- Brings state of the art technical knowledge to the workplace
- Exempts employers from paying unemployment compensation taxes on wages of co-op students if they are enrolled in a qualified co-op program, and also exempts employers from paying unemployment compensation to students released from these programs
- Creates a partnership between business and education
Need Help Creating a Quality Co-op Experience?
Download our guide: Creating a Quality Co-op Experience.
Posting a Co-op Position
- If you have an existing HFC Handshake account, <https://joinhandshake.com/employers/">log in to HFC Handshake. If you do not have an HFC Handshake account, click https://joinhandshake.com/employers/“Register And Post Job.”
- After logging in (or registering), click “Jobs” and then follow all the steps listed