Cooperative Education (Co-op)
Why should you apply for co-op? There are many benefits:
- Allows you to earn money while gaining academic credit—in most programs—toward graduation;
- Increases your chances of obtaining permanent employment;
- Provides hands-on experience, allowing for a better understanding of the field that you are studying;
- Integrates ideas that you have learned in school with what you will do at work;
- Offers experiences that will help you refine your career goals;
- Helps you become more confident, responsible, and professionally trained;
- Connects you with professionals in your field that could serve as a reference for you; and
- Supports the development of your professional portfolio.
Participation in co-op is dependent on available jobs in the appropriate business and industry. All Students must meet eligibility requirements.